1. Where: Santa Lucia Campground and Chapel is located approximately twenty-six miles south of Carmel on Highway 1. The entrance to the campground is approximately one-quarter mile south of the River Inn on the west side of the highway. As you exit Highway 1 to enter the camp, you will drive past the Big Sur Health Center and you will see the entrance to the campground.
2. When: Friday, September 1, through Monday, September 4. You are welcome to camp on any of these days.
3. Cost: $15/person/night. This fee covers the use of the large group site which includes Redwood Knoll and Lower Campground. Day use is also available at $10/day/person. Scholarships are available.
4. Campground: The campground has many suitable campsites for pitching tents, a fire ring surrounded by benches, a large community gathering area with a large BBQ and picnic tables, a toilet facility, and a beach along the Big Sur River. RVs and trailers are prohibited. The drinking water is fresh from a well on the property, but there are no showers.
5. There is no “agenda” for the campout other than to have a worship service (day and time to be determined) and the Saturday evening potluck BBQ dinner. Group hikes are normally organized and all are welcome to join in. I will send out an email three weeks prior to the campout with final details.
6. Please RSVP to me, Alice Knapp at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 235-4353, by Sunday, July 30, and the sooner the better! If we must cancel the campout due to poor response, we are entitled to a full refund of our deposit if we cancel 30 days prior to our reserved date. Payment is due no later than Sunday, August 13. Check is to be made out to COGS with campout noted on the memo line.
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have and we look forward to seeing all you happy campers at the river!