Director of Children, Youth and Families Ministries
Contact Rev. Linda McConnell with your resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you get excited about collaborating with students, their parents, and other adults as they get to know, love and follow Jesus? The church is looking for someone who can prioritize building relationships with students and their parents. Organizational skills are important, and coaching support is available to help you succeed. You will be met with excellent facilities, an incredible staff, invested pastor, a strong network of parents, and competitive pay. If you would like to be a part of what God is doing at Good Shepherd in Corral De Tierra, Salinas, send us your resume!
Purpose of Position
To oversee and coordinate all ministry to children, youth and their families at Good Shepherd Church through the initiation of programs and recruitment of lay ministers.
Part-time – 2o hours
Areas of responsibility
- Provide for a Christian faith-based program for nursery through 10th grade throughout the year;
- Lead the parish youth group and recruit, resource, train and support additional youth leaders and helpers;
- Establish and maintain a Children and Youth Ministry Committee of parents, youth leaders and other church members;
- Supervise mentors and volunteers in a way that expands and deepens the program;
- Work with the Rector and the Youth Ministry Committee to evaluate and select appropriate activities and educational materials;
- Make contact with visiting families in a timely manner and link existing families in the program with visiting families;
- Responsible for the oversight for budget and budget development for: children, youth and family ministry;
- Plan, finance and oversee outreach service, mission trips and/or pilgrimages, in consultation with the youth
- Work with the Rector in developing an annual children and youth calendar and budget;
- Attend the following:
- Staff retreat
- Monthly staff meetings
- Children and Youth Ministry Committee meetings
- Church Annual Meeting
- Provide timely input and/or take the production lead for the Sunday magazine, weekly E, social media (Instagram and FB), bulletin boards and displays, annual report, and website on all educational and social activities for children, youth and families;
- Maintain email contact with youth, parents, and volunteers as needed
- Miscellaneous Duties as required
The Children, Youth and Families Ministries Director is hired by, accountable to, and under the direct supervision of the Rector.
Strong managerial and supervisory skills are required as the Director will oversee the work of volunteers. Basic computer literacy in database management, word processing and email communication (particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google) is a necessity. The Director should be qualified to perform all of the professional tasks required with a high level of knowledge on religious education matters. The Director should understand and model the beliefs and values of Christianity and possess an understanding of and/or willingness to learn about the Episcopal Church. Attendance at workshops, seminars, and other forums for continuing education is required for the maintenance and improvement of skills and knowledge. The position also requires a background check and completion of sexual abuse prevention training or proof of prior completion of such a course (within the last 2 years).
Confidentiality is of the utmost importance when dealing with pastoral concerns. The clergy should be informed of pertinent information on newcomers, illnesses and other pastoral concerns the Director may identify in the course of contact with the congregation.