Contributed By: Rev. Linda
Your preschool director search team has worked hard on your behalf to ensure a smooth transition from Sandy French to the next director. Good Shepherd’s Preschool is at the top of the list when it comes to quality preschools, and we want to maintain our sterling reputation.
The team who has put in many hours on behalf of the church’s preschool are:
· Ana Seid, preschool parent and parishioner
· Alice Knapp, long time parishioner
· Dick Hackbert, long time parishioner and Teaching instructor, CSUMB
· Jim Copeland, a parishioner
· Kristy Nunes, preschool parent and parishioner
· Rev. Linda, Rector
Sandy French has been an invaluable help and resource to us - and our deepest thanks goes out to her for her professionalism, leadership and desire to have the preschool succeed in this next iteration.
We have learned SO much - from regulatory requirements to Reggio play. And we have thoroughly enjoyed working with one another and with Sandy, our current beloved director and parishioner.
What have we been looking for in our next Director? Here is the list of qualities the team has interviewed for:
· Passion for children and early childhood education
· Able to establish strong relationships with parents, staff, and church
· Educational background
· Supervisory/management experience, management of teachers and staff
· Administrative, financial experience
· Creativity, innovative, step out of comfort zone
· Conflict resolution skills
· Awareness of church/school/shared space relationships.
· Fundraising experience
Thank you for all your prayers.