September 21 - 23: Big Sur Campout at the Santa Lucia Campground in Big Sur
As you’ve seen in our e-News and worship bulletins, the Good Shepherd Annual Big Sur Campout is on the horizon! For those who aren’t familiar with this event, the following will provide you with information that will hopefully answer any questions you may have.
- When: Friday, September 21, through Sunday, September 23 (two nights).
- Where: Santa Lucia Campground and Chapel is located approximately twenty-six miles south of Carmel on Highway 1. The entrance to the campground is approximately one-quarter mile south of the River Inn on the west side of the highway. As you exit Highway 1 to enter the camp, you will drive past the Big Sur Health Center and you will see the entrance to the campground.
- Cost: The fee is $15/person/night, with children 5 years and under free. This fee covers the use of the two large group sites, Fireside (formerly called Lower Campground) and Redwood Knoll. Day use is also available at $10/day/person.
- Release Form: We are now required to have every camper, 18 years and older, complete a Release Form which will be provided once you confirm your reservation, or can be downloaded here >> or above.
- Campground: The campground has many suitable campsites for pitching tents, a fire ring surrounded by benches, a large community gathering area with a large BBQ and picnic tables, a toilet facility, and a beach along the Big Sur River. The drinking water is fresh from a well on the property, but there are no showers.
- There is no “agenda” for the campout other than a worship service (day and time to be determined) at the lovely outdoor chapel and the Saturday evening potluck BBQ dinner. Group hikes are normally organized and all are welcome to join in. An email will be sent out three weeks prior to the campout with final details.
- We will need to hear from interested campers by Wednesday, August 8. Please RSVP to Alice Knapp at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 235-4353, and the sooner the better! If we must cancel the campout due to poor response, we are entitled to a full refund of our deposit if we cancel before August 20.