TTH Purple Family October 8-19
T-TH Purple Family Newsletter
· October 12- Mixed Bag orders are due
· October 18- Picture Day
· October 25- Parent Gathering at church site 9:00
· November 1- Picture Make up Day
· November 8- All school Chapel Food bank Donation
· November 15- Harvest Festival 12:30 at the Grange
· November 19-23- Thanksgiving Holiday
· November 27- Touch Base Report for Parents
What's Going on in Class:
Over the past two weeks the children have been introduced to glue sticks, paint mixing, colored pencils and hole punches. They are all enjoying using the new materials. In dress up we have added necklaces and shoes. The blocks are open and we are practicing building and putting the blocks away.
During family we have tasted two different apples and graphed our favorite one. In the science area we have smell jars to smell and shaker eggs to hear different sounds. Take a look in the science area for these activities.
During snack time we have practiced pouring water to the line, opening up a napkin, counting the four squares and finding the middle of the napkin. We have scooped cheerios and pasta.
Every year we make a pumpkin patch outside for the children to explore. We need pumpkins to make this happen. The school pumpkin patch will start October 15 if you would like to donate to it that would be amazing!
Please work on self help skills at home with your child. At school we encourage going to the bathroom on their own, washing hands on their own and dressing themselves. The more practice they can get the more confident they will become with these skills.
A big Welcome to Morgan who has joined the Purple Family!!!
For the Next Two Weeks:
· Art in- introduce staplers and liquid glue, color mixing red and yellow paint
· Art Out/Table- marble painting, golf ball painting
· Art Out/Easels- paint a leaf and a ghost
· Dramatic Play-introduce purses and scarves
· Science- observe apple jar experiment, care for apple seeds
· Sensory Table Out-apple pie dough, gak and worms, eye ball soup, and chicken feed with stumps and forest animals
· Sensory Table In- black bean with pumpkin patch then dogs and cats
· Blocks- add cars
· Math- Puzzles, cube building
· Outside Classroom- farmers market, pumpkin patch
· Play dough- bugs, eye balls and pipe cleaners
· Snack- washing fruit, making apple pie
Just a heads up…we have a costume and candy free Halloween at preschool…more to come
Have a great day!
Miss Nikki and Miss Suzy