TTH Purple Family January 15-24
T-TH Purple Family Newsletter
· Jan. 17 Thursday- Fun!Raiser Meeting after drop off
· Jan. 28- Feb. 1- Scholastic Book Fair
· Jan. 30 Wednesday- Read O Burrito Night 5:30-6:30
· Feb. 14 Thursday- All School Chapel "Love"
· Feb. 15 Friday- Parent Meeting 9:15
· Feb 28 Thursday- Sweetheart Lunch for Dads 12:00
What's Going On In Class:
We are starting outside the month of January. Please check your child's extra clothes to make sure they have cold weather clothes to wear.
Last week during family we played a color game. I would hold up a colored bear and the boys would have to stand, touch or hold up that color. We will add more colors and move onto shapes. This week we introduced discovery putty in the manipulative shelf. This is a great tool to strengthen hand muscles. We will start off with a super soft putty then move up until we get to the hardest putty. We also have introduced loose parts at the science table. These are random items that the children can do as they wish with. They can build, sort, stack, count, or whatever else they can think of. We will continue to add items for the children to discover.
Starting on Tuesday when the boys come into school they will put their things away, wash their hands then find their name tag on the blue table to put in the metal bucket. We have been practicing this for a few weeks during family, so they are familiar with the process. During family we will count the name tags to see how many people are at school.
January 30 is Read O Burrito Night at the church site. The children come in their pajamas, have a burrito and then get to listen to a story with popcorn to munch on! We will be making salsa for that evening in class to share with all the families. The Scholastic Book Fair will also be open during this time for you to purchase some great books.
For The Next Two Weeks:
· Art Out/Table- paint with gears
· Art Out/Easels- Art in- free art
· Painting on triangles, rectangles, diamonds and hearts.
· Dramatic Play- Doll House
· Science- composting, planting sugar snap peas
· Sensory Table Out- gutters, water and ducks
· Sensory Table In- feed the tennis balls, rice, tubes and scoops
· Engineering- screw boards
· Math- patterns with unifix cubes, counting
· Literature- new songs, Icky Stick Bubble Gum
· Technology- office/writing center
· Outside Classroom- building with boxes
· Play dough- ice cream shop
· Snack- breaking broccoli
Have a Great Week,
Miss Nikki and Miss Suzy