TTH Purple Family February 12 - 21
T-TH Purple Family Newsletter
· Feb. 14 Thursday- All School Chapel "Love"
· Feb. 15 Friday- Fun!Raiser Meeting 9:15
· Feb 28 Thursday- Sweetheart Lunch for Dads 12:00
· March 2, Saturday, Boots & Bling
· March 2, Saturday – Boots and Bling It’s a Fundraiser Thing! Party
don’t miss it!
What's Going On In Class:
Last week we spent some time talking about Valentines Day, love and what we can do to show love for someone. We are working on Valentine envelopes and cards to get ready for Valentines Day. Also, we have a Valentine art table to make valentines on their own. There have been two typewriters on the back table for the children to explore. It has been a busy area for the past two weeks. Next, we will explore calculators and a sewing machine. We have also practiced using a philips and flat head screw drivers. We will use these tools when it comes time to start taking apart all the equipment we have explored.
It was great to see everyone at Read O Burrito Night. Thank you to all the parents who help out at the Book Fair! Thank you to all the parents who donated a book to the class. We have been reading all the new books everyday at story time and really like all of them!!!
Thursday, February 28 is the Lunch for Dad's at 12:00. Dad's bring your lunch to the Grange and enjoy lunch with your child. We will have a special gift for you.
For The Next Two Weeks:
· Art Out/Table- heart collage, stuffing a heart
· Art Out/Easels- paint on heart shape with Valentine colors
Art in- Journals, free art, Valentine envelopes & cards, still life painting of a daffodil
· Dramatic Play- post office, fire fighters
· Science- exploring a calculator and a sewing machine
· Sensory Table Out- Valentine soup, Pink bubbles and whisks, sponges and water
· Sensory Table In- black beans and fire fighters, pellets with scoops & cardboard cover
· Engineering- hammering into foam blocks
· Math-counting how many friends are here, how many friends are not, counting to 10
· Literature- new books from the Book Fair
· Technology- calculator, sewing machine
· Outside Classroom- fire fighters
· Play dough- scissors and lavender
· Snack- friendship pizza
Have a Great Week,
Miss Nikki and Miss Suzy