MWF Purple Family September 24 - October 5
MWF Purple Family Newsletter
Sept. 24-Oct. 5
· September 24- Mixed Bag Fund Raiser Begins
· October 3- All School Chapel Blessing of the Animals
· October 8 – School Field Trip to The Farm
· October 17- Picture Day
· October 25- Parent Gathering 9:00
· November 1- Picture make up Day
· November 7- All School Chapel Food Bank Donation
· November 12- Veteran's Day Holiday
· November 14- Harvest Festival 12:30 at Grange
· November 19-23-Thanksgiving Holiday
· November 26- Touch Base Report for Parents
Happy Happy Birthday to Michaela!!
What's Going On In Class:
Over the past two weeks the children have been introduced to markers, color crayons, rainbow color crayons, water colors, wood blocks, necklaces in dress up, and both sides of the playground. We will continue to introduce new items in all the areas at school.
Starting October 1 we will begin our day outside. Please make sure you bring your child outside if there is not a teacher inside to greet them. Remember to bring a jacket for the cooler mornings.
All school chapel this month is the blessing of the animals. You can bring your pet, a picture of your pet or a stuffed animal to be blessed by Pastor Linda in the church.
The children have shown an interest in cooking. I am going to plan a cooking lesson once a month on the last Friday. I will put out a sign up sheet on the sign in table to bring in ingredients for the cooking lesson each month. I enjoy cooking and am thrilled to share it with this class. This month we will be making apple sauce! I've got everything covered as we have an apple tree in our back yard.
Field Trip coming up:
Monday 8th at 9:30 we are going on a Field Trip to The Farm off Hwy 68. You can meet us there or we will have a sign-up for carpool drivers to take us and bring us back to school. If you are driving other children besides your own, we will need a copy of your driver’s license and current car insurance. On the field trip Mr. Bunn will discuss vegetables and fruits with the children then we will take a hay ride out to the field so each child can choose a pumpkin. The cost for the field trip is $8.00 per child.
For The Next Two Weeks:
· Art in- introduce colored pencils and color an apple, color mixing red and yellow to paint a pumpkin, introduce hole punches and punch holes in strips of paper
· Art Out/Table- apple prints, shaving cream marble art
· Art Out/Easels- paint an apple and a pumpkin
· Dramatic Play-introduce spice jars and shoes
· Science- looking at apples, apple tasting, making apple sauce, dehydrating apples, apple jar experiment
· Sensory Table Out-lemons and squeezers, farm animals and farm. water wheels and apple pie dough
· Sensory Table In- black bean with apples and pails, color people and houses sorting
· Blocks- free build
· Math- Puzzles, lid matching, beads, bristle blocks
· Outside Classroom- farmers market
· Play dough- loaf pans, cupcake pans
· Snack- count the four squares of the napkin.
Have a great day! Miss Nikki and Miss Suzy