MWF Purple Family January 28 - February 8
MWF Purple Family Newsletter
January 22- February 8
· Jan. 28- Feb. 1- Scholastic Book Fair
· Jan. 30 Wednesday- Read O Burrito Night 5:30-6:30
· Feb. 13 Wednesday- All School Chapel "Love"
· Feb. 15 Friday- Parent Meeting 9:15
· Feb. 18 Monday- Holiday/No School
· Feb. 22 Friday- Parent Teacher Conferences/No School
· March 1 Friday- Sweetheart Lunch for Dads 12:00
What's Going On In Class:
We will be starting outside as of Monday February 4. Please bring a jacket for your child.
Last week we introduced puzzles with many pieces in the manipulative shelf. There are 6 piece puzzles, 40 piece puzzles and in between puzzles. We will practice puzzles daily. We also have introduced the take apart items we will be taking apart in a few weeks. The children have had the opportunity to explore a key board and a monitor. We will be adding more items for the next few weeks. During family we have built with blocks, sorted our socks and shoes into different groups and counted them.
We have talked about all the animals in the Zoo Phonics program. We will now start learning the sound of the letter that is associated with that animal, the signal, the animals name and a saying that goes with each one. We will go over the sounds and signals daily so everyone gets a chance to learn the letter sounds.
We will be starting The What's Inside Bag this week. This is a bag that the children will takes turns bringing home to put a share toy in to bring to school the next day. With help, they will think up three clues about the item they have chosen and have someone write them down for them. They will bring the clues and the item they chose back to school in the bag. During family time the group will try to guess what is inside the bag. Please no weapons or electronics.
February 22 is Parent Teacher Conference. I goofed up and booked a flight that afternoon at 2:30. I will need to schedule four conferences on Wednesday February 20 between 1:00 and 3:30 . If anyone is available that Wednesday please let me know so I can fill those time slots.
January 30 is Read O Burrito Night at the church site. The children come in their pajamas, have a burrito and then get to listen to a story with popcorn to munch on! We will be making salsa for that evening in class to share with all the families. The Scholastic Book Fair will also be open during this time for you to purchase some great books.
***Happy Birthday to Alex!!!***
For The Next Two Weeks:
· Art Out/Table- straw and bead pattern necklace, shape stamps
· Art Out/Easels- paint a diamond and a heart shape
· Art in- Journals, free art, bead necklaces
· Dramatic Play- shopping bags, cash registers and money
· Science- exploring a typewriter and a sewing machine
· Sensory Table Out- animals water and shower cups, sand with loose
parts, sand with stumps, pinecones and animals, alligator swamp
· Sensory Table In- cutting straws, sand scoops and peg board
· Engineering- screw boards, small dinosaurs in the block area
· Math-counting how many friends are here, how many friends are missing
· Literature- Zoo phonics sound and signal
· Technology- office/writing center
· Outside Classroom Engineeering- building with boxes
· Play dough- glass beads, acorns
· Snack- spreading cream cheese on a bagel
Have a Great Week,
Miss Nikki and Miss Suzy